If you’re getting ready to start inpatient addiction treatment, you may wonder what you should bring. It’s always best to ask the admissions specialists handling your case about any restrictions or requirements regarding what you can bring into their rehab center. At The Right Step Houston, we allow patients to bring in a few personal items to help make their stay more comfortable.
Are you looking for inpatient addiction treatment options in Texas? Contact our team at The Right Step Houston at 1.844.768.0169 and ask about our admissions process. Our expert staff will be more than happy to answer any questions you have about what to expect during treatment.
What Is Inpatient Addiction Treatment?
Inpatient addiction treatment is a live-in residential treatment program designed to help people struggling with addiction achieve and maintain sobriety. During inpatient treatment, patients live at the rehab facility and receive 24/7 care and supervision from medical and clinical staff. Inpatient rehab typically includes:
- Family therapy
- Group therapy
- Individual therapy
- Recreational activities
Sometimes, some treatment centers offer optional spiritual guidance. Inpatient treatment is often the most successful option for people struggling with addiction because it allows them to focus solely on their recovery without outside distractions. Inpatient treatment programs typically last for 30, 60, or 90 days.
What Should You Bring to Inpatient Rehab?
When thinking of what to bring to inpatient rehab, it’s essential to consider only items that will support your recovery. This means leaving behind any belongings that may trigger your addiction or be challenging to part with during treatment. Here are some essential items to pack for inpatient rehab at The Right Step Houston:
- A laptop or tablet – We have computers available for resident use, but feel free to add your laptop or tablet to your list of what to bring to rehab. Just be sure not to bring any addictive games or other software that could interfere with your recovery.
- Bedding – We provide all residents with a bed, but you’re welcome to bring your own sheets and blankets if you’d like.
- Books, magazines, or other reading materials – Reading can be a great way to relax and unwind, so feel free to bring your favorite books or magazines. Just be sure they’re appropriate for a treatment setting.
- Clothing – We recommend packing comfortable clothing that you’ll feel good in. You should pack enough clothing to last your entire stay, as laundry services are unavailable on-site.
- Medications – If you’re currently taking any medications, including over-the-counter medications and supplements, please bring them with you so our staff can ensure that you’re taking them as prescribed.
- Toiletries and personal hygiene items – Our rehab center provides all the essentials. Still, you may want to bring your favorite shampoo, conditioner, soap, and other familiar things to make you more comfortable.
- Writing materials – A journal can be a great way to process your thoughts and feelings during treatment, so we recommend packing a notebook and pen or pencil.
These are just a few things you may want to put on your list of what to bring to rehab. However, the most important thing you need to bring to rehab is a positive attitude. Recovery is a challenge, but it’s possible with hard work and determination. Come to rehab ready to put in the work and eager to make changes.
Learn More About Inpatient Rehab at The Right Step Houston
Inpatient addiction treatment is a substantial step on the road to recovery. At The Right Step Houston, we provide our patients with everything they need to succeed in treatment. However, they can also bring some things with them from home to make them more comfortable. Contact our compassionate team at 1.844.768.0169 today and ask about our inpatient rehab program.